Jan. 1, 2022
Incentives listed by ZIDA to benefit SEZs are as folllow:
1. Zero-rated Corporate Income Tax for the first 5years of operation with a corporate tax rate of 15% applying thereafter
2. Special Initial allowance of 50% of cost from year one and 25% in the subsequent two years
3. Specialized expatriate staff will be taxed at a flat rate of 15%.
4. Exemption from Non-residents withholding tax on fees on services that are not locally available
5. Exemption from Non-residents withholding tax on Royalties.
6. Exemption from Non-residents withholding tax on Dividends
7. 100% rebate on customs duty for all imported equipment, machinery and raw materials
Jan. 7, 2022
Victoria Falls Special Economic Zone declared as an International Financial Services Centre.
Feb. 7, 2020
An Act to provide for the promotion, entry, protection, and facilitation of investment; to provide for the establishment of the Zimbabwe Investment and Development Agency; to provide for the One-Stop Investment Services Centre; to repeal the Zimbabwe Investment Authority Act [Chapter 14:30], the Special Economic Zones Act [Chapter 14:34] and the Joint Ventures Act [Chapter 22:22]; and to provide for matters incidental to or connected to the foregoing.
Nov. 13, 2020
THE Government has started crafting a blueprint to guide the operationalisation of the greater Victoria Falls Special Economic Zone (SEZ). Cabinet approved the Integrated Development Programme/Conceptual Development Framework for the Victoria Falls-Hwange -- Binga SEZ whose idea is to integrate economic activities, catapult growth and improve livelihoods in the province.
March 4, 2019
The Zimbabwe Special Economic Zones Authority (Zimseza) has to date officially declared five special economic zones across the country as part of an on-going drive to entice domestic and foreign direct investment. To date the authority has declared five special economic zones; namely Masuwe stateland in Victoria falls measuring 1 200 hectares, Fernhill in Mutare measuring 87 hectares, stand 518 Beitbridge and its surrounds measuring 105 hectares, Imvumila industrial area in Bulawayo and the Belmont, Kelvin, Donnnington corridor also in Bulawayo